Vero Miller, mezzo-soprano, will be a member of the Staatstheater Kassel from the 2019/2020 season on.
In March 2019 she made her debut at the Cologne Opera in Dvořák’s “Rusalka” as Küchenjunge.
In the same season, she sang at the Landestheater Detmold Dorabella in “Così fan tutte”.
In the 2018/19 season, the young mezzo-soprano performed at the Staatstheater Mainz in Mozart’s opera “La clemenza di Tito” as Annio, at the Stadttheater Gießen in a concert as Preziosilla in Verdi’s “La forza del destino” as well as Amalia in Umberto Giordano’s “Mala vita “.
In 2017, the singer was guest at the Junge Oper Schloss Weikersheim and in 2016 at the Kammeroper Schloss Rheinsberg.
She sang with orchestras such as the Munich Symphony Orchestra, the WDR Radio House Orchestra, the Federal Youth Orchestra, the orchestra of the Staatstheater am Gärtnerplatz, the Jewish Chamber Orchestra Munich, the orchestra of the Staatstheater Braunschweig and the Münchner Rundfunkorchester.
Her enthusiasm for Lied is reflected in numerous recitals.
Vero Miller completed her Bachelor of Arts in singing with Prof. Hanno Müller-Brachmann at the Musikhochschule Karlsruhe. At the Theater Academy August Everding in Munich, she continued her studies in the master’s program in musical theater / opera singing in the vocal class of KS Prof. Christiane Iven and is currently expanding her education with a master’s program in concert at the University of Music and Performing Arts Munich.
As part of her training, Vero Miller has already developed a wide-ranging repertoire of her subject and appeared at the Theater Koblenz (2014) and in various roles at the Prinzregententheater München (2016).
She attended master classes, among others. Brigitte Fassbaender, Cheryl Studer, Júlia Várady, Wolfgang Rihm, Heinz Holliger and Klesie Kelly.
She is a scholarship holder of the Foundation “Yehudi Menuhin – Live Music Now” and the German Stage Association (2016) and was supported by the Walter Kaminsky Foundation and the Anja-Fichte Foundation.
The young mezzo-soprano has already received numerous prizes and awards:
• Mozart Prize at the 56th Concerto international de canto Tenor Viñas in Barcelona (2019)
• Promotion Prize at the Richard Strauss Competition in Munich (2018)
• Special Prize (Golden Medal – High Distinction) at the Vienna International Music Competition (2019)
• Special Prize (Silver Medal) at the Berlin International Music Competition (2018)
• Prize in the category OPER at the 9th International Heinrich Strecker Singing Competition (2017)
• 3rd Prize at the PodiumJungerGesangsSolisten in Magdeburg (2017)
• Award of the Louis Spohr Medal of the City Seesen (2017)
• 2nd prize at the International Singing Competition Cologne (2017)
• Young Talent Award of the International Lion’s Club Singing Competition
• Rainer Koch Memorial Prize “of the Kulturfonds Baden
• Winner of the International Singing Competition of the Kammeroper
Schloss Rheinsberg (2016).